The modern world is a source of thousands of different allergens that can attack our body every day. Fast food, semi-finished products, synthetic drinks, artificial colors, pets, insects, climate change, it’s not the whole list of factors that cause allergic reactions. Learn how to protect yourself from certain allergic conditions, how to prevent serious complications. May be you would like to consult our Allergologist and to carry out some simple scarification tests.
Here it is what you need.
HEALTH IS WITH US!
Allergy is an atypical hypersensitivity of the body in response to contact with an allergen. Allergens are substances that cause an allergic reaction. An allergic reaction can develop when an allergen comes into contact with mucous membranes, skin, when it enters the bloodstream. After contact with an allergen a human body produces antibodies to it. If there are certain disorders in the body, the number of antibodies may be much greater than required, so a hypersensitivity reaction, i.e. allergy takes place.
Changes in the body in response to an allergen:
- • inflammation;
- • rash;
- • edema;
- • bronchospasm;
- • necrosis;
- • shock.
Diseases based on the pathogenesis of an allergic reaction and treated by an allergist:
- • asthma;
- • allergic rhinitis;
- • allergic conjunctivitis;
- • urticaria;
- • Quincke's edema;
- • atopic dermatitis;
- • contact dermatitis;
- • anaphylactic shock.
When to consult an allergist:
- • if a family doctor suspects that you have one of the above mentioned conditions and refers you to an allergist!
- • when you feel yourself bad during flowering in spring or summer, when you notice excessive redness and / or dryness of the skin in response to cold / heat;
- • You feel bad or have a rash, discoloration, turgor, swelling of the skin and mucous membranes after eating certain food, taking medications, drinking beverages;
- • You start to sneezing often or have difficulty breathing while in a room where there are fish, parrots or old carpets;
All these seemingly insignificant symptoms in the future can cause a serious illness such as asthma, so do not ignore the signals that your body sends you.
Areas of work of the allergist at the Salutas Medical Center:
- • specific allergy testing;
- • selection of a hypoallergenic diet;
- • determination of cross-reactivity;
- • nebulizer therapy.
With timely and correct diagnosis of allergies, you can live and enjoy life. It is important to determine the nature of the allergen and learn how to avoid contact with it. You can choose antihistamines (antiallergic) drugs that will prevent all manifestations of allergies. You need to learn to eat right by finding substitutes for foods you are allergic to. The experienced allergologist at Salutas Medical Center will help you to solve all these problems.
Contact us and take care of your health!