Cardiovascular diseases are one of the most common causes of premature death both in the world and in Ukraine. If we consider our body as a machine, then the heart is nothing but a motor that ensures the smooth operation of the entire system. Unfortunately, both the motor of the car and our heart are exposed to many harmful factors, so timely qualified diagnosis and treatment is the key to a healthy and fulfilling life.
HEALTH IS WITH US!
Cardiology is a branch of medicine that studies the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system. Nowadays pathology of the cardiovascular system is very common and is occupies one of the first places in the overall incidence and is the first cause of death among the population, especially middle-aged, elderly and old. Every year the prevalence of pathology of the cardiovascular system among young people increases.
THE REASONS FOR THIS SITUATION ARE THE MODERN RHYTHM OF LIFE AND HABITS, NAMELY:
- • sedentary lifestyle, which leads to the appearance of excess body weight, increased blood cholesterol and high blood pressure;
- • consumption of excessive amounts of high-calorie food, sugar, etc., which lead to an increase in blood cholesterol levels and, as a consequence, the development of atherosclerosis;
- • disorders of work and rest, frequent stress and psycho-emotional overload;
- • drinking too much alcohol and smoking cigarettes.
SYMPTOMS WITH WHICH PATIENTS SHOULD SEE A CARDIOLOGIST:
- • increase in blood pressure above 140/90 mm Hg;
- • pain in the heart, giving in the left arm, neck, lower jaw;
- • shortness of breath during light exercise or at rest;
- • swelling of the lower extremities;
- • feeling of increased heartbeat or heart failure;
- • frequent headaches, dizziness, which occur in combination with the above symptoms.
Medical check-ups for revealing the pathology of the cardiovascular system are necessary not only for early diagnosis of the disease itself, but also in order to identify persons at risk. These include:
- • people with diabetes mellitus have an increased risk of pathology of the cardiovascular system;
- • people who abuse alcohol;
- • overweight persons and people who have a sedentary lifestyle;
- • people whose close relatives suffer from hypertension or have had heart attacks / strokes.
The frequency of preventive medical check-ups for early detection of cardiovascular diseases in persons at risk and persons older than 35-40 years is once a year, under the condition that they don’t have any symptoms of the cardiovascular diseases.
Preventive health screening includes: complete blood count, urinalysis, biochemical analysis of blood (bilirubin, total protein, kidney and liver tests, blood sugar, glycosylated hemoglobin, lipid profile), electrocardiography, echocardiography, cardiologist’s consultation.
THE PRIORITY AREAS OF WORK OF CARDIOLOGISTS AT SALUTAS MEDICAL CENTER ARE:
- • coronary heart disease (angina, acute coronary syndrome);
- • hypertension (primary and secondary hypertension);
- • arrhythmias (extrasystole, atrial fibrillation);
- • cardiomyopathy (dilatation, hypertrophic, toxic);
- • heart failure;
- • full range of diagnostics of pathology of the cardiovascular system;
- • cardiac support in the post-infarction rehabilitation period;
- • prevention of cardiovascular pathology.
At Salutas Medical Center, there is everything you need to ensure you a healthy full life with a healthy heart. Sign up for a consultation and live an active, fulfilling life.