The chapter of internal medicine that studies not only diseases with predominant joint damage, but also systemic connective tissue diseases, systemic vasculitis and autoimmune processes. Diagnosis is not always easy, sometimes it takes a long time to make a correct diagnosis, so consulting a qualified professional is a must.
HEALTH IS WITH US!
Rheumatology is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of joint diseases, connective tissue dysplasia, systemic connective tissue diseases, systemic vasculitis. Rheumatologist treats pathology of the joints, spine, cardiovascular system, autoimmune diseases.
At the Salutas Medical Center, physicians are convinced that only a comprehensive approach to diagnosis and treatment with the involvement of related specialists is a guarantee of success in the treatment of the patient.
Rheumatologist works closely with physicians of various specialties - internists, family doctors, neurologists, immunologists, endocrinologists, dermatologists. If necessary, patients have the opportunity to pass all the necessary modern laboratory tests and undergo instrumental examinations in our clinic. Only after a detailed diagnosis made by a rheumatologist, if necessary, a certain type of treatment is prescribed.
WHEN SHOULD A PATIENT SEE A RHEUMATOLOGIST?
- • after referral from another specialist who has suspected rheumatic pathology during the examination;
- • diseases of the joints (polyarthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, joint injuries), which are accompanied by relevant symptoms;
- • gout with signs of polyarthritis;
- • pain in the lumbar spine of unknown cause;
- • skin rash, especially on the face, dry skin, skin discoloration, itchy skin, visibility of blood vessels on the skin, the presence of nodules;
- • morning stiffness, starting pains when walking, increasing weakness in the lower extremities, decreased strength in the hands;
- • frequent unexplained dizziness, loss of consciousness, impaired vision, feeling of sand in the eyes, etc.;
- • rheumatism, connective tissue dysplasia, vasculitis.
HOW DOES A RHEUMATOLOGIST CONSULT AT SALUTAS MEDICAL CENTER?
After a preliminary appointment, the doctor will be waiting for you at the specified hour. The physician will listen to your complaints, ask about your case and life history, and carefully examine you. The rheumatologist will also review the results of all tests and examinations in detail, if any, and, if necessary, prescribe additional tests or examinations. Only with this approach it is possible to diagnose correctly and assign the proper treatment.
AREAS OF WORK OF A RHEUMATOLOGIST AT THE SALUTAS MEDICAL CENTER:
- • rheumatoid arthritis;
- • reactive arthritis;
- • osteoarthritis;
- • systemic connective tissue diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic scleroderma, dermatomyositis, Sharpe's syndrome);
- • gout;
- • Bekhterev's disease (ankylosing spondylitis);
- • antiphospholipid syndrome;
- • osteoporosis;
- • amyloidosis.
One should not be afraid of the stereotypical opinion that joint disease is always a significant limitation of movement, lifestyle and disability. This is far from the case. The purpose of the Salutas Medical Center is to help the patient and choose an individual treatment scheme that will be optimal in his case.
Take care of yourself and take care of your health.